Sunday, August 16, 2015

Silver Falls State Park-Oregon

Yesterday was my last day in the park in  Silverton, OR and I had to decide which way I wanted to go.  I found out the OR Lows were meeting up at Hood River and since I liked it there the week before, I decided to join them.  Since I would meet up with them on Sunday, I had a day to go somewhere else so I decided to spend the night in Silver Falls State Park.  I'm so glad I went there as it is definitely Oregon's best kept secret.  It is a beautiful park with 10 different waterfalls, plus ranger programs, cafes, hiking trails, lots of wildlife (seven different species of owls) which you can hear at night.

   
I went to one of the falls, South Falls, and watched people walk under it.  The falls are not as beautiful as they normally are because of the hot summer and thus a drought that Oregon is experiencing. 


On my drive to the park, I noticed the landscape was very different this year than it was from when I was here in OR two years ago.  Oregon normally has lots of rain but not so much this year and they badly need it.  OR is still one of the prettiest states I've seen.


 
Silver Falls State Park is a great gathering place for families, friends, anybody.  Lots of activity going on this Sunday.  I observed this church service along with singing. 
 
 
Lots of families enjoying the swimming area.
 

 

No comments: