Thursday, August 20, 2015

More Wine Tasting and Llamas


This was the last day of camping with the Oregon Lows and I had to decide where I was going from Hood River and what my new adventure was going to be.  I decided maybe I needed to take in a few wineries and more wine tasting so I could think clearly.

Phelps Creek Winery


Mt. Hood Winery.  This beautiful bar was bought on Ebay.
 

The Gorge White House.  This was the best!  The tasting room is inside a 1908 Dutch Colonial home in the heart of the Hood River Valley and is an historical land mark. 


This winery is family owned.  The young woman handling the tasting room is a niece of the owner.  She teaches 2nd grade during the school year but works here through the summer.  Many of the wineries in Oregon are family owned. 


I then moved on to the Cascade Llama Farm.  I had really been looking forward to this as I have never seen llamas close up.   This is a mama nursing her baby.

 
They are cute little guys but also kind of strange looking too.
 
 
Look at this sweet baby.  They are very gentle and like to be petted.
 
 
I caught this one yawning.
 
 
Their wool is much softer than sheep's wool.  There is a yarn shop on the premises with yarn in every color imaginable.  I bought a couple of skeins and am inspired now to knit a scarf.  We'll see how that goes.
 
 
As I was leaving, I had to get one last shot of these interesting creatures grazing.  They come in lots of different colors.
 
  

No comments: