Monday, August 17, 2015

Get Together With Oregon LOWS - Hood River, OR

Today, I met up with 12 members of the Oregon chapter of  LOWS at the Hood River Fairground RV Park for 4 days.  It was a great outing and an opportunity for me to learn more about the state of Oregon and what it has to offer.  Most of these members have lived here all there lives and say, "Why would I want to live anywhere else?"  And I can see why they feel this way.

However, this particular week saw its share of forest fires which put a haze over the normally beautiful landscape plus did a number on my sinuses.




One day we toured the Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum.  It had a very interesting collection of vintage automobiles and airplanes, as well as vehicles used in the wars.



I chose this Cadillac as the one I would like to have had back in the day or even in this day.


Some of us decided to go wine tasting after our museum trip.  Here we are at Wy'East Winery.
Because it was almost in the 3 digits heatwise this day, we only took in one winery even though there are several in the area.



 

 
 

No comments: