Monday, June 1, 2015

I Love Santa Fe!

Okay....I know I seem to love everywhere I go but Santa Fe has a very unique charm.  Yesterday, I went into the downtown area and walked  for about 3 hours in order to take in all the wonderful culture.  The downtown area is built around a square where there are so many wonderful shops selling Southwestern Art in the way of paintings, jewelry, sculptures, clothing, etc.  The square is built around a park where there are several musicians playing guitars and singing.  There is a lot of energy in Santa Fe.

I strolled over to the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum and I was in awe of her paintings.  She saw the beauty in Santa Fe, New Mexico that she needed to inspire her to paint with both oils and pastels that would bring out a uniqueness in her artwork.  It was a wonderful experience to see all of her works and to learn about this woman who was a pioneer in modern art for the times. 

 
 
Here are a few of my favorite Georgia O'Keeffe pieces of art. 
 
                                     
                                              Black Hollyhock and Blue Larkspur  1930


                                                   Yellow Hickory Leaves With Daisy 1928


Oriental Poppies 1928 
 
I also visited 3 beautiful churches in the Square,
 

 
 

No comments: