Tuesday, June 23, 2015


Cookout on Sunday with my former neighbors and good friends was great and the next day it was now time to leave Denver.



Driving to Central City in the mountains, I decided to stop at Lookout Mountain.  Lots of snow was still on the peaks.  Supposedly, you can see 4 states from this spot.


This is also where William "Buffalo Bill" Cody is buried.  I got a history lesson after visiting the museum which depicted his life and his adventures with the Wild West Shows and his relationship with Sitting Bull and Annie Oakley.

 

Cute....


Sitting Bull's headdress.

 
Wyoming and Kansas both fought to have Buffalo Bill buried in their states but after visiting Lookout Mountain, he told a friend that this was where he wanted to be buried.  Visitors throw buffalo nickels on his grave.   I didn't  have one so he got a dime from me.
 
 

No comments: