Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Cape Kiwanda on the Pacific Shore

My friend, Linda, and I decided to take off for the seashore.  This would be my last visit to the Pacific Ocean before I head South for the winter.  She suggested we go to Pacific City so off we went.  We could not have asked for a more beautiful day, weatherwise and otherwise.  The rock in the background is called the "Haystack."


We spent the day climbing some incredible cliffs, very steep but it was such a wonderful experience and quite a challenge.

 
Beautiful everywhere you looked.
 
 
 
These rocky cliffs were higher than they look and it was quite a challenge to keep going but we did.
 
 
At times, I had to question why I was doing this.
 
 
Because it really was a dangerous area.
 
 
But soooo beautiful!
 
 
Yes, that is me at the top of a very steep and sandy hill.  Much easier coming down than going up,
 
 
 
We paused to have lunch and a much deserved beer at the famous Pelican Pub and Brewery
 
 
 
Lots of surfers today as the waves were high and ideal for surfing.  I was impressed to see these two young ladies take on the waves.
 
 
A really great day.  This was by far the best place I have been on the coast.  It is known for being a place for great fishing and therefore many dories fish from this coast.  .
 
 
 lWe ended our day with fish and chips.  The fish was Ling and was caught right there off the coastal waters.  Delicious
 
 

 
The next day we shopped and then settled in for wine and chowder at a nice restaurant, the Tidal Rave, which had a wonderful view of the ocean.  It was then time to head back to McMinnville. 
 
 


 

3 comments:

Diane Dahli said...

Looks a little chilly, but I glad you ended the day with fish and chips! This looks like quite an adventure...be careful out there! I tried to subscribe, but got a page full of HTML, so I'll try again another time. Happy travelling! I'll check in from time to time.

Still the Lucky Few said...

My signature wasn't correct, so I'll try again...

Judy said...

I'm not sure how to allow subscribers. Guess I had better look into that. Thank you for your interest however. I'm happy to see your blogs as well. I hope to put both of your links on my blog when I find how to do that. As you can tell, I am a novice at this.