Thursday, May 28, 2015

Santa Fe, NM

 
                                  The sunsets don't look real...they look more like paintings.


I left Texas one day before the bad weather came with tornado warnings, severe storms and horrible flooding.  I'm sure if I had stayed another day, I would have had some problems leaving TX.  I left Lampasas and drove to Lubbock, TX where I stayed for one night.  The next day I drove to Santa Fe, NM.  As much as I love the rain, it has been nice to see the sunshine and be high and dry.  I am staying at a very nice RV park called Santa Fe Skies RV Park.  It is located in the high desert at 7000' which is 1500' higher than Denver.  The Sisters On the Fly group left today just as I came in.  I had spent the previous two days at two other RV Parks in the city and decided I wanted to be out where it was more peaceful.  About six of the members are staying behind for a couple of days so I have been able to learn a lot about their organization which I will probably join as they do a lot of fun things.  They have some pretty funky rigs such as the one below.  These gals know how to have a good time.


No comments: