Saturday, July 4, 2015

Today, I left Denver, after spending a couple of days with my friend, Lynne.  We had planned to go to a big art festival today but it was 100 degrees and we both agreed too hot to be out in the heat.  I was eager to head north to cooler weather but unfortunately Wyoming is hot too!  There is no escaping the heat.

 
At a Cheyenne, WY Traveler's Center I picked up information about Yellowstone National Park since I have never been there and have no idea where I am going or staying.  The center was like a small museum with historical facts about Wyoming.  Housed there is Dee, an 11,600 year old Columbian mammoth that was discovered 40 miles north of Glenrock, WY in 2006.  He was about 70 years old when he died and weighed about 22,000 pounds. 
 
 
I was worried about finding a park to stay in since it was a holiday but fortunately I found one in Wheatfield, WY.  Several rvers pulled in about the same time I did and we got our lawn chairs out later and watched the fireworks.  It is now 11:30 PM and the fireworks are still going strong.  I guess they celebrate big here in Wyoming.   
 
 
 

2 comments:

Tracy (your favorite daughter) said...

I hope you are getting this comment. Have fun horseback riding and watch out for bears!

Judy said...

Still pretty wet here so don't know about the horseback riding. May go bear hunting instead!!