Sunday, August 9, 2015

Silverton, OR

Now I am settled in Silverton, OR for a week.  I stayed here two years ago and remembered how interesting this little town was. 


There are lots of painted murals on the buildings,  throughout the downtown area, depicting historical events. 


 
Love the beautiful flowers in this state.  These hanging baskets are everywhere.  Could not have these in TX. 
 
 
So I am having dinner in this outdoor café and I saw someone who I think could have been Anthony Bourdain.  I never did find out if it was.  My waitress had never heard of him so she was of no help.  Before I knew it, he was gone.  He is one of my favorite people.  I watch his program on CNN whenever I can. 


The RV park I am staying at is very nice and some of the RVers gather here every night for happy hour.  Most say they came here to OR to get away from the heat but this year OR is almost as hot as anywhere. 




 

No comments: