Thursday, November 12, 2015

Tucson, AZ

I arrived in Tucson today to spend some time with my sister-in-law, whose name is also Judy Pirtle.

The Arizona sunset produced some very pretty pink clouds as I approached Tucson.


Love the huge cactus.



 Judy and I met up with my niece and her husband for happy hour, saw their beautiful new home and then proceeded to the dance studio where Judy takes her ballroom dancing lessons.  They had a dance party this evening so I was able to dance the night away with professional dancers.  I realized I am very out of practice but we had a lot of fun.


  We spent a day at the Sonora Desert Museum.  The weather was perfect and there was a lot to see. 



I especially enjoyed seeing the enclosure where we were able to walk among the hummingbirds.  It was hard to take their pictures because they move so quickly.  I was able to get a couple of photos but they kind of blend into the scenery.  Many of them have migrated now but in the summer, there are many species and many with vibrant colors but not today.



Watching the raptors capture their prey was a great experience as they swoop right over your heads to hunt for prey that has been released.  It gave us a chance to see grey owls and various hawks in action close up.



In the aquarium, we found these garden eels so interesting.  I have never seen anything like them.  They are those little things swaying in the bottom of the aquarium.
 

We ended our tour of the museum by visiting the lonesome bear and the mountain lion.
 
 
 
 
Time to say goodbye to a wonderful and interesting day.
 
 

No comments: